I'm about to share some of what I think are the best educational toy options for your kids....so if this helps you...then feel free to share it with others! Also, make sure you follow my Facebook page for the latest daily deals!-----.> Happy Place Deals
These days there are SO many neat toy options for kids and SO many of them help our kids learn...and they don't even realize it. As a mom of boys who are active, hands-on and fight against any structured attempt to learn....these are toys they will not only enjoy playing with....but they'll learn something too! Just don't tell them.
1. Magnetic building tiles -- I'm starting off with our family favorite. There are so many neat things kids of all ages can make with these! It's one of a few toys that can hold my kids attention for up to an hour! There are several different brands and most are compatible with each other! It's fun to watch your kids brains click when they figure out how to start building 3-D objects! For ages 3-99!!
2. Osmo Little Genius Starter Kit -- I'm generally not a fan of screen time, but this is one of the rare situations I think a little screen time can benefit my boys. Osmo is magic: fun-filled & award winning learning games that interact with actual hand held pieces & an iPad, bringing a preschool child's game pieces & actions to life, watch the video at the link to learn more...and follow Happy Place Deals to likely see some Black Friday deals on the Osmo! For preschool ages!
3. Electronic Snap Circuits -- These are a great way to get in some quality time with your kiddos and learn together! Learn how electricity works and make a digital voice recorder, AM radio, digitally tuned FM radio, AC generator and more! Different kits are for different ages, this one linked is for kids 8 and older, but there are kits for younger and older kids too!
4. Crazy Forts -- this is part of our kiddos Christmas present this year so SHHH! Our boys are into all things forts and this clever kit lets the create the frame of a fort, then use simple bed sheets to cover it! It's all the fort fun for them, and you get to keep your furniture and blankets where they belong! There's even lights that attach to the frames for a lighted fort! Ages 5-9 years.
5. Melissa and Doug Wooden Pattern Blocks -- fun quiet play activity that helps kiddos learn their shapes, colors and patterns! Best for 3-6 year olds.
6. Guess in 10 Animal Planet Game -- Ask up to 10 questions to guess the animal on the Game Card! Is it a carnivore? Is it a domestic animal? Think hard, ask intelligent questions, use your clue cards wisely, and the be the first player to win 7 Game Cards!
Ages 6-99 years!
7. National Geographic Geodes Kit -- 10 premium geodes to break open and see amazing crystals inside. Plus a guide that explains geodes and how they're made and found. Ages 8 and up.
8. National Geographic Fossil Dig Kit -- Excavate 15 real fossils including Dinosaur Bones, Mosasaur & Shark Teeth!! Good for paleontology enthusiasts of any age
9. Kids' Digital Video Camera -- The front rear dual-lens camera supports 8MP photography and 1080p video. Children can easily take clear images and videos to record their every moment. For kids ages 3-8.
10. 3-in-1 Puzzle Kit -- The set contains 10 spelling puzzles for kids, with 3 letter words plus an additional 10 puzzles with 4 letter words. There are 20 counting puzzles, numbers 1-20 which also have the number spelled out so that your child can start recognizing the spelling of that number. For kids ages 3-8.
11. Feed the Woozle -- We bought this for our boys a couple Christmases ago and they still love to play it. The Woozle loves to eat hairy pickles and fuzzy donuts. Can you help feed him 12 crazy treats before all the snacks are gone? A monstrous game of mixed up fun! Better yet, it comes with three levels so it grows with your child. Kids ages 3 and up work together to help feed the Woozle. No reading required, so even the smallest can participate!
12. Domino Rally -- Kids love this building toy, and they love watching the chain reaction of dominoes. A fun, active toy that helps kids with concentration and fine motor skills. For ages 6 and up.
13.Alphabet Bingo -- We are in the process of learning and recognizing our letters....and everything at our house is learned faster if it's a game! Reach into the bag and pull out a letter. If you have a match, you're on your way to Bingo! This game will help kids to learn and recognize their letters while having fun!! For ages 4 and up.
14. Giant Electronic World Smart Map -- The World Map is touch-activated for audio facts, lessons, and quizzes. Multiple quizzes and game modes, great for playing with friends!! Learning becomes fun with the interactive talking world map. It is the same as an interactive globe for kids except it lays flat and it is push-to-talk For kids age 3 and older.
15. Leap Frog Magic Adventures Globe -- Go beyond countries and their capitals with this enhanced globe that explores cultures, animals and habitats!! Tap anywhere using the stylus to hear thousands of facts, interact with unique games and trigger videos that let kids visually experience the world! For ages 5-7.
16. Melissa and Doug Classic Bead Maze -- 18 wooden beads in a variety of shapes and sizes are easy to grip and feel great in little hands. For littles age 12 months - 2 years.
17. Tegu Magnetic Blocks -- This is an heirloom toy you can give your kids and pass down to their kids! Tegu support a child’s development over time through play: enhanced fine motor skills, pattern recognition, balance, sense of scale, imaginative play, problem solving and storytelling. They're magnetic so they're easier to take on the road. There are simple sets for younger kiddos and more specialized sets for the older ones. But all Tegu are great for ages 1-99!
18. Learning Resources Alphabet Island -- Remember when I said we're working on letter recognition? Here's another helpful resource! Alphabet island is the perfect place to practice letter recognition and strengthen early vocabulary skills!! Ages 4 and older.
19. Melissa and Doug Smarty Pants Card Game -- A brain building card game for all grade school levels, preschool through fourth grade!
20. Think Fun Gravity Maze Game -- Gravity Maze is a combination logic game, marble run, and STEM toy that's one of the best gifts you can buy for boys and girls!! It contains 60 challenges from beginner to expert, a game grid, 9 towers, 1 target piece, and 3 marbles. Ages 8 and older.
21. Wooden Marble Run -- Explore the hands on basic principles of art, engineering and architecture! Marbles travel through the specially designed maze with slanting holes and channels within shaped wooden blocks. Ages 3 and up.
22. Butterfly Garden Gift Set -- We've done this a couple times with our boys! You get to "grow" butterflies from larvae to chrysalis to butterfly! It's for kids age 4 and up, but our 2 and 3 year olds loved it too!
23. Strider Balance Bike -- These are a great way to teach your kids the concept of balance early on, likely eliminating the need for training wheels! For kids age 18 months - 5 years!
24. Boogie Board Memo Pad -- Great for road trips! The perfect gift for a boy or girl! Feels just like familiar pen, marker, chalk, and paper on a reusable, portable, paperless device that never needs to charge or plug-in! Magic! Age 3 and up.
25. Watercolor Brush Pens -- This set of 20 leak-proof water marker pens can definitely be used by adult men and women as well as artists, but it is particularly great as a gift for children. Teach your child the basics of drawing, live magical moments and create memories together!
26. Squigz -- Strengthens spacial reasoning and motor skills; inspires creativity, exploration and experimentation. For ages 3 and up.
27. Sky Nook -- The hanging hammock chair creates the perfect lounging space and a tranquil ambiance! Kids can read, play, listen to music, daydream, relax, nestle into a cocoon, or stimulate imagination. Encourages motor planning, balance, etc and supports kids with sensory needs, hyperactivity, and more.
28. MLB Slammin' Sluggers Baseball Game -- itch, field, bat, and run the bases just like a real baseball game!2 person game, take turns being the pitcher & fielder and the batting team as you play through the full 9 innings! Age 6 and up.
29. Write It and Light It Cloud Message Board -- SAY IT IN LIGHTS! Light-up dry-erase board shaped like a thought cloud. Ages 6 to 11.
30. Lincoln Logs -- I couldn't forget a generational childhood favorite! Invented in 1916 by John Lloyd Wright, the son of architect Frank Lloyd Wright, LINCOLN LOGS have become America’s National Toy. Beloved by four generations of builders, they provide hours of fun while building a solid foundation in STEAM/STEM subjects! Age 3 and up.
Here are a few more blogs to checkout!